These are some ideas from brides who were searching for ways to make their day memorable and more fun.
1. Make a special keepsake of your wedding invitation by mailing one to yourself. Don't open it. Keep it in your wedding guest book and save it for future generations to open.
2. Ask all friends and relatives to write a favorite recipe on the back of the reply cards. Keep them in a special box throughout your married life.
3. If you can't decide on a color theme for your wedding, consider using the colors of your birthstone(s)- yours or both.
4. If you plan to "throw your garter" wear two and keep one for your memory box.
5.Buy a new silver dollar with your wedding year on it and add one to your collection on each wedding anniversary.
6. Pick a charity of your choice that you both support and make a donation on your wedding day. Then every year, make a donation on your anniversary. If yours is a second wedding and you really don't want gifts, let guests know that you'd prefer gifts to that charity in lieu of gifts to you.