It may seem overwhelming at first, but every wedding moves according to THE PLAN if you take the time to do it right. No time? No experience? Scared of where to start? Follow this list and check them off when completed.
1. Work out your budget. Determine how much you've got to spend and what are the sources of those funds? (Hint: do not say my Visa or MasterCard). This will include the guest list. How many people do you plan to attend? The reception will likely represent the single largest wedding expense.
2. Decide on the type of wedding you want. Morning, afternoon, evening? Formal or not?
3. Decide on the date and book your venues for the ceremony and reception. If they are in separate places, try to minimize the travel time between them.
4. Book the officiant for your ceremony.
5. Research, decide on and book photographers, florists, caterers (if needed) and entertainment (if wanted).
6. Find your dream gown. Order it and make possible bridesmaid selections.
7. Select members of your wedding party. Select and order bridesmaids gowns and order tuxedos.
8. If you will have out of town guests, book a block of rooms at two or three different sites with price options available for your guests.
9. Register for gifts. Sign up at a minimum of three retail locations - again with a variety of price points.
10. Know that there are many other decisions you'll need to make but these are key and will provide a structure for you to follow as you choose options.